Title Information

Records for not-yet-published titles do not include subject classifications. To initiate an order, see the instructions at the bottom of the page.

1%: PRIVILEGE IN A TIME OF GLOBAL INEQUALITY. Hatje Cantz Verlag, Ostfildern, 2016. Distributed in the U.S.A. by Artbook|D.A.P., New York. 80 pp. with 60 col. 30 x 30 cm. ISBN 9783775740944 In English.
Publisher's description: To be able to simply drift in the infinity pool on the roof terrace of the 57-floor Marina Bay Sand Hotel, while enjoying in the background the urban soundscape of Singapore's imposing sea of high-rises; or to be personally welcomed to a private champagne party after an extended hot-air balloon ride over the Kenyan wilderness: the extravagant pleasures of the wealthiest 1% of the earth's population represent an extreme contrast to those of the remaining 99%. Describing the gaping disparities in images is a challenge that has been taken up by photographers such as Nina Berman, Peter Bialobrzeski, Guillaume Bonn, Greg Girard, David Leventi, Michael Light, Andrew Moore, Matthew Pillsbury, Mikhael Subotzky, Brian Ulrich and many others. This volume provides visual evidence of the blatant discrepancy between people's living conditions, which can be as fascinating as it is shocking.
Indexing: Western, International (Western Style) — Post-2000 — Photography
Plans: 73,75
Worldwide Number: 082387
Hardcover $55.00x (libraries receive a 10% discount on this title)    

Select titles for ordering by clicking in the boxes to the left of the title entries and then click on the "Add to Cart" button below. You will then be able to specify quantities and continue with your order.

NOTE: The shopping cart will expire after 2 hours of inactivity.